25 Mar Join Boulder and State Leaders for a Community Conversation
Posted at 17:55h in Uncategorized
In light of Monday’s tragedy, we’re holding a community conversation with Boulder and state leaders. Representative Joe Neguse, Majority Leader Steve Fenberg, and State Representatives Edie Hooton and Judy Amabile will host the conversation.
We will also be joined by Senator Michael Bennet, Colorado Attorney General Phil Weiser, Boulder Mayor Sam Weaver, a representative from the District Attorney’s office, and other Boulder County legislators.
Please join us tomorrow at 5:00 PM using the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81929464782?pwd=bE84SE9sT0pWQzU5UFE0TU9iMDI3dz09
Support is available for those impacted directly, or indirectly:
- You can call the Disaster Distress Helpline at 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746.
- If you are in crisis, call the crisis hotline at 1-844-493-8255, text TALK to 38255 or go directly to Mental Health Partners walk in center at 3180 Airport Road, Boulder.
- The Boulder Valley School District’s trauma response team is supporting district students impacted. To receive support, fill out this form.
- Tips for talking to children about violence can be found here.
Community funds for donations to those affected:
Vigils and Community Events:
- A candlelight vigil for the victims is planned for tomorrow (3/24) at 7:00 PM at the Boulder County Courthouse on the Pearl Street Mall.
- Boulder Vigil at Fairview High School, hosted by Moms Demand Action, will take place on Thursday, March 25th at 6:30 PM. Participants are asked to use the parking lot as a drive in.